Business Development Manager
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be interfacing with existing and prospective clients for all business development pursuits and will also play a critical role in improving the business development processes currently in place at SDRC. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
- Play a pivotal role in coordinating all proactive and reactive pursuits/bids at SDRC.
- Ensure that the business development processes currently in place at SDRC are effectively followed on all pursuits
- Contribute to development of a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Proactively scan specific portals and to identify new opportunities and leads.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Be the primary point of contact for finalizing the proposals/pitches and other collaterals in pursuit of an opportunity
- Coordinate all activities with prospective clients during pursuits and post submission of proposal.
- Coordinate win/loss analysis
- Build relationships with new and existing customers especially during the course of active pursuits including relationship with supply/vendor management teams.
- Take ownership of all marketing collaterals including the content management for the SDRC website.
- Progressively take ownership of the social presence of SDRC on key social platforms
- Postgraduate qualification in public administration, management or a related discipline.
- Experience with computing applications in public service or e-government initiatives would be desirable
- Experience in working with virtual teams when handling milestone based activities.
- Experience in customer handling and support.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google G Suite.
- Proficiency in English
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Reasonable understanding of Research, Technology and Learning Systems
- Ability to travel at short notice and for about 50% of a calendar month.