Commensurate with years of experience and willingness to take up difficult area posting.
Siddha Development Research and Consultancy (SDRC) is an ISO 9001 & 270001 certified organization with a mission to enable social change initiatives. We collaborate with policy makers, implementers and people representatives globally and have delivered more than 100 projects in several domains including health and nutrition, child protection, education, livelihood, and governance. Our services incorporate an inter-disciplinary approach blending research-based services, data analytics, capacity building, and appropriate technology solutions.
To know more about our company, please visit www.sdrc.co.in
NAFED is one of the implementing agencies for formation of Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) under the 10000 FPOs formation scheme of Government of India, NAFED has selected SDRC as a community based business organization for formation of 20 FPOs in 20 blocks across 8 districts of Odisha for Special crops/Organic crops/Oil palm and Bamboo. In this context, we are seeking competent candidates for the position of LRPs.
The LRPs are expected to function as community-based extension agents. Key deliverables for the LRP include:
- Identification of potential farmers and formation of Farmer Interest Groups (FIG).
- Ensure incorporation of the FPO and mobilisation of shareholder contribution linking at least one thousand farmers per FPO.
- Conduct baseline assessment and eco-system mapping including crop identification, market survey, and farmer profiling.
- Assist in conducting need assessment and business planning for the FPO.
- Organise exposure visit of Farmers/opinion leaders.
- On-field hand-holding support to ensure appropriate usage of quality inputs.
- Assist in FPO functioning and ensure statutory and legal compliance such as taxation, Ministry of Corporate Affairs filings, and compliance requirements of other government agencies.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders such as government, financial institutions, markets, Agri University, Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), etc for promoting Agriculture Extension Services.
- Conducting monthly planning and review meetings.
- Assist Cluster Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, and Project Manager for smooth FPO operations.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work in field locations.
- Works as a team member
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates/safeguards ethics and integrity
Graduate or diploma in agriculture / agriculture marketing / agri-business management or BBA or Masters in Agri Business Management with BSc (Agri) preferable or any equivalent qualification.